02 November 2005

Catching Up

One of my latest obsessions is...catching up on all the film and television that I've missed out on while I was living abroad. I've discovered a handy little service called zip.ca. What is it, you may ask? It's Canada's Largest Online DVD Service. They offer members access to an always-growing DVD library of over 36,000 titles. The service combines a simple title selection process, no due dates or late fees, and free home-delivery. With the plan I chose, I pay $24.95 per month and have unlimited rentals. I can only have four DVDs out at a time. As soon as I've finished watching one, I send it back, and they send me the next DVD on my list. Currently, I have over 80 titles on my list. The first three DVDs that I've watched are: Closer - brutally honest and well-acted, The Stepford Wives - a sad re-make of the 1975 cult classic, and Old School - not quite as funny as I had hoped. Some titles that I'm looking forward to receiving are Thirteen, Super Size Me, and Audition.

No comments: