27 July 2011

Newsflash! I've always been this random...

I was in a French Immersion programme in elementary school, which means that in Kindergarten, Grade 1 and Grade 2 all subjects were taught in French only. In Grade 3, we started taking English. Although French was the first language I learnt at home, I mostly read books and watched television and movies in English. However, at the age of 8, I hadn't had much experience writing in English yet, which will soon become abundantly evident. I found some of my notebooks from those very first English lessons and I just had to share some of this stuff because it's pretty funny.



My first book report...

The Ugly Duckling

This story is about a swan's egg that got mixed up with a duck's egg. Swan eggs take longer to hach. This one did and the ducks thought it was strange. One day at last it hacht. They were happy. Then when they saw the little swan they freaked and the other ducks laught. So the little swan ran away. He found a family of swans. He joined them. Then he grew up to be a beautiful swan. It think it's a beautiful story.

Pretending to be an inanimate object...

The Book

Hi! I am a book. Those things there always open me. I don't know what they are but you're one of them. Bye thing! Ha-ha-ha!

A letter to an older and wiser (Grade 6) pen pal from an English school...

Dear Andrew,

I forgot to tell you about my figure-skating and gymnastics. Well, in gym I had a great fall, like humty-dumty but I wasn't on a wall. Talking about humty-dumty, I have a book about nursery rhymes. My mom makes good chicken with honey sauce. Do you have a sister or a brother? Well I do as you know! It was my brother's birthday about a month ago. He is fifteen years old. Howard is the one that I am talking about. On the midterm holiday I cleanded my room. I worked like anything! I wachted "The Sound of Music." What a movie! I saw it twice.

Well, bye.

Deena


Alright, so there's the proof. I was just as random in 1978 as I am now. If only I could find all the naughty stories I wrote about Duran Duran in high school! Now that...would be really funny!

3 comments:

Maya Garcia said...

This, my friend is priceless, especially the pen pal letter. I love it! :-) xo

Deena said...

Ha! Thanks Maya! The pen pal letter is the most random one. That dude in Grade 6 must have thought I was nuts!

Simply Me said...

That is hilarious! I love noun verb noun sentences. LOL